5 useful tips for hair maintenance.
Importance of hair maintenance.
Today we live an extremely busy life. We hardly have time to eat properly or sleep properly hence, we suffer from numerous health problems. One of the most predominant issues that everyone seems to have is hair fall and hair thinning. To oil or not to oil is the biggest dilemma today. You cannot always schedule your oiling date and hair wash date with social events and that often leads you to extreme usage of shampoo and drying out your hair follicles. Let’s find out some tips that will allow you to take care of your hair easily.
- A healthy diet is the most important factor. Your hair needs a balanced diet plus a diet that is rich with iron and protein. The hair cells grow the fastest in your body and they need protein for that growth. If there are any deficiencies in your body, chances are your hair will know it the first. Balanced diet will give the right boost to your hair.
- Do not comb your wet hair and if you do so be very careful. Wet hair is fragile and prone to breakage. Use a wide toothed comb and run it from roots of the hair to the ends gently. It is okay to lose 100 to 150 strands of hair in a day so don’t worry too much if you see them lying on the floor. It is a normal process and those 100 to 150 strands can grow back.
Magic of trimming.
- You know how a gardener always trims the plants for a better growth; similarly your hair needs the trimming. Trimming your hair every few weeks will save you from the rough split ends, which also causes the growth of hair to slow down. You should cut about 1/4th of an inch of your hair in every 6 to 8 weeks. That will avoid the split ends to grow back.
Perfect mixture of shampoo and conditioner.
- Never give your hair too many washes. Your scalp secretes essential oils that help in the growth of your hair and too many hair washes can strip your scalp off these essential oils. Always use a conditioner when you wash your hair with shampoo. A shampoo removes the dirt and dead cells from the scalp plus the moisture. Usually shampoos contain sulfates that help in the formation of lather and the key element in removing the essential oils from the scalp. Use shampoos that have no sulfates. To lock the moisture you need conditioner. Try using shampoo and conditioner from the same brand especially, if you color your hair.
Heat and it’s impact on hair maintenance.
- Keep the heat at bay and deep condition your hair once in a while to get silky smooth hair always. Heat damages the hair strands and the damage is irreparable unless you chop your hair off. And even though you condition your hair after every wash it is necessary that you deep condition your hair once in a while. For deep conditioning you can oil your hair with coconut, castor or olive oil and keep it for one or two hours. Good hair days are definitely in your way.