Max Factor – An example on how to create a famous brand of makeup from the scratch.
Why Max Factor?
There are many reasons why Max Factor might be considered as one of the most famous brands of makeup worldwide. By saying that we do not take into consideration its’ international recognition among female clientèle, or annual revenue only. We strongly believe that successful brands offers much more than just an outstanding product. One of the reasons why this famous brand has stolen our hearts is it’s impact on history of cosmetic industry and cosmetic products development. Not everyone knows that Max Factor’s products such as: Lip gloss and flexible greasepaint for movie actresses, lip balms, wand mascaras and others – were invented or completely revolutionized by brand’s father – Maksymilian Faktorowicz. It seems that this fact is being noticed also by Vogue which ranks Max Factor’s wand mascara on top 1 position in it’s “10 best mascaras” ranking.
Max Factor: Creme puff
LIpstick – Color Elixir
Max Factor Mascara
Max Factor: Historical high lines.
- Max Factor & Company was founded in 1909 (Los Angeles) by Maksymilian Faktorowicz – Polish migrant in US.
- By 1914 he made “the first cosmetic for motion picture use—a greasepaint in cream form, created in 12 precisely-graduated shades” – Wikipedia.
- In 1920 Max Factor products were commonly used by notable amount of well known movie stars such as: Ben Turpin, Mary Pickford, Jean Harlow, Bette Davis, Pola Negri, Claudette Colbert, Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford, Judy Garland, Gloria Swanson and others.
- Procter & Gamble bought Max Factor & Company in 1991.
- Currently owned by Coty, Inc.
Max Factor and its' recent Bold Moves
Among many bold moves that Max Factor brand has lately undertaken on its’ way to success and international fame there are few that in our opinion are the boldest and worth mentioning. According to Daily Mail – Max Factor appointed Marylin Monroe as its’ brand ambassador. It wouldn't be so surprising, if not the fact that this famous actress died in 1962 – almost 50 years before Max Factor granted her with it’s ambassadorship. Another story of Max Factor’s unique approach and extreme creativity was described by The Telegraph reporting that this famous makeup brand cooperated with Star Wars film: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. It seems that these bold moves make this famous brand of makeup even closer to everyone's daily life making an impact on fashion trends, entertainment and our lifestyle.