Henkel acquired Zotos international.
Henkel acquired Zotos International – Finalisation of transaction has been confirmed.
According to official website, Henkel acquired Zotos International Inc.,the North American Hair Professional business of Shiseido Company, Limited. Signing agreement of acquisition took place on October 26, 2017 however the press release stating it’s finalisation was published on December 29, 2017. The purchase price of Zotos International was estimated as $485 million. The acquisition is described by industry specialists as another step of strengthening Henkel’s leadership position on US Haircare market.
Profile of Zotos International.
Zotos International is a US based producer of Hair care products recently acquired by Henkel. Fiscal year 2016 brought Zotos International 230 million dollars sales with an employment of 700 employees. Zotos headquarters is located in Darien, Connecticut but marketing activities are being performed in the U.S as well as Europe and Asia. It’s worth mentioning that Zotos International has several brands including:
- Joico – a brand which underlines a mixture of unparalleled science and positive emotion with it’s tag line: “the joi of healthy hair”.
- Zotos Professional – a division of Zotos International that includes 3 sub-brands: Quantum, 180PRO and AGEbeautiful.
- Bain the Terre – line of natural, paraben free hair care products which harnesses the power of earth.
- Naturelle – has been created for hair professionals and consumers with high quality product requirements.
- Nucleic-a – is a line of hair care articles with nucleic and amino acids components beneficial for damage hair.
- Iso -is introduced as a leader of professional hair industry with sophisticated wave technology. Iso’ Option Waving System was hailed “Stylist Choice”by BehindTheChair.com for 10 consecutive years.
- Senscience – brand of professional hair care collection: Senscience Liquid LuxuryTM tailored by Shiseido Laboratories.
- Structure – it’s meant to appeal to sophisticated individuals of both genders, who expect a style and an edge.
Henkel’s strategy for growth and recent acquisitions.
The fact that Henkel acquired Zotos International is – according to Henkel CEO Hans Van Bylen – a part of Henkel’s strategy to “expand position in attractive markets and categories” and strengthen Henkel’s presence on U.S. and international hair care market. Executive Vice President of Henkel – Jens-Martin Schwärzler, added that: “The high-performance and high-quality brands are a perfect fit” for professional hair segment of market thus Zotos acquisition is a part of Henkel’s strategy of marketing expansion.
Latest transaction with Zotos International is not the first of acquisitions made by Henkel in recent years. In 2014 Henkel bought three American Companies:Kenra, Sexy Hair and Alterna. In 2017 Henkel acquired another USA based firm – Nattura Laboratorios with their highly recognised brand – Pravana.
As history and declarations of Henkel’s leader show: we might expect even more acquisitions on US market in the near future.